A Brief History of the Alliance Alumni Chapter
The Alliance Alumni Chapter of Mu Phi Epsilon was installed on June 22, 1933 by the National Alumni Advisor, Louisa Allensworth.
Historically, from 1915 to 1917, Alliance area alumnae maintained formal Mu Phi affiliation with and through Phi Chapter on the campus of Mount Union College. Eventually, an independent, separate alumnae group was organized. Records indicate that "On the eve of Nov. 3, 1917, ten of the alumnae members of Phi Chapter, Mu Phi Epsilon, gathered together at the home of Laura Evans-Carter for the purpose of forming an Alumnae Club." Margaret Atwell was elected president.
After a period of inactivity, the Chapter was reinstalled on November 12, 1960 by Evelyn Morgan, District Director, the installing officer. Nadene Barnes was elected president of the reinstalled chapter.
Through the years the Alliance Alumni Chapter has encouraged and supported members of Phi Chapter at Mount Union College, provided musical programs of information and entertainment for members of the Chapter and for residents of the greater Alliance community, and promoted social and fraternal association with music, friendship, and harmony for Chapter members.
Inspired by our heritage, we anticipate a future enriched by the ideals of Mu Phi Epsilon.